The Sounds of American English is a web resources that has the following features for each of the consonants and vowels of American English:
- A real-time Flash animated articulatory diagram of each consonant and vowel.
- An annotated step-by-step description of how the sound is produced.
- Video and audio of the sound spoken in context.
- The navigation reflects the classification of consonants by manner, place or voicing and vowels.
- Interactive diagram of the articulatory anatomy.
Comment: A useful resource for TEFL trainees or teachers who need to brush up what they learnt on their TEFL training course. Be honest, could you say what a voiced fricative lingua-dental consonant was? (See below for answer.)